
Would you like Jesus with your diesel?
Uganda is a very Christian country where it is very normal to be open about your faith in ways that you just wouldn't get away with in the UK.
A great example of this was last week when we stopped at a petrol station. The attendant who served us happily filled us up with diesel, washed our windscreen and then stood by the driver's window and said,
"And another thing.... my name is Annet and I select Jesus as my Saviour. What about you?"
As it happens, she was preaching to the converted, but I was challenged by her boldness to use her fairly mundane role as a way of sharing her faith - a good reminder that everyday we are surrounded by opportunities, if only we will look for them.


1 Comments:
Cool blog, nice pictures. I stayed at a guest house that overlooked Sipi Falls - amazing! And spent loads of time at Lake Bunyoni, as I was in Kabale for the year. Working hard. Obviously.
God bless you both, and the stuff you do.
8:09 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home